Friday 13 April 2018

Evaluation - How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Throughout my the research, planning, production and evaluation stages of my coursework, I have been able to use a variety of different media technologies, and computer software's and programs  both ones I am familiar with and ones that are new to me, this has allowed me to progress my already pre-existing knowledge of useful technologies and also develop understanding in other similar areas. They have all aided me in different ways, to produce my coursework and some have helped more than others have.


I used blogger to showcase my various posts and work throughout my research and the planning for my film. I have previously used blogger before during my AS coursework so I knew how to use it in most aspects, however there were a few things that I learnt this time that were new to me, for example the ability to put frames round pictures and change the layout of my blog itself. These were all useful in the aesthetic sense for my blog.






For editing the actual film portion of my coursework I used a software called iMovie. I had previously used this software in personal projects of mine so I was able to apply my pre-existing knowledge to the editing process of the final film. This ranged from simple techniques like, cutting, splitting and uploading clips, all the way to adding sound and video filters, adding voice overs and slowing down/speeding up clips.




For filming, I used a Canon EOS 700D DSLR Camera which I had not used prior to this project. However from using this specific model I have broadened my own understanding on various cameras and was able to use it practically, efficiently and correctly. There were no limitations from using this camera due to it being a very high spec model, and I was also able to use features like the light correcting lens on it in order to adjust light filters for different shots.





Canva, again, is an online program which I have previously used in my AS coursework last year. This time I was able to use it to produce both of my ancillary tasks, which were my film poster and my double page magazine spread with an article. I used all my prior knowledge of this program to produce what I feel are two realistic and quality products, there were no limitations when using it due to it being so simple and easy to understand. I believe this is the best site for producing products like as it contained various different styles and had loads of editing techniques available.






I used Photoshop for the images used in my poster and double page spread, and in my opinion is unarguably the best editing software available. I am quite familiar with this program prior to this task, so this was not hard to get a hang of. Especially as my photos did not need that much editing anyway, just a few colour alterations and adding a filter to the pictures, this is by far my favourite editing software and the one I enjoyed using the most for editing the pictures for my ancillary tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment